SLJ Mystery Code/Cipher – Kickstart

For this SLJ task I had to decipher some codes and the atabash one was easy to me while I found the pig pen one really hard but i tried my best and did all the activities and my favourite cipher was probably the pig pen one because it was challenging and different to any other type of code/cipher I’ve ever seen but overall this task was really fun, easy and challenging to do.

2 thoughts on “SLJ Mystery Code/Cipher – Kickstart

1. Mōrena Joanna,

What an awesome code and cipher activity, I love this code activities as they are such a fun brain workout. I love doing escape rooms so deciphering codes is something I find super fun and challenging!

My Mum actually made this activity so I found it super easy to decipher her codes but it looks like you had a lot of success deciphering them as well!! Was there any code that you found especially difficult or way too easy?

I think I have managed to decipher your code. Does it say “beach and parks”? Those are some of my favourite places to visit in the summer time too.

Ngā mihi nui,
    Zana Yates
    SLJ

1. Hi Zana,

Thank you for commenting on my blog and I actually found the pig pen code really hard while I found the Atabash code really easy and yes you got the code right it was supposed to be beach & parks.

Thank you,
      Joanna